Xiaomi launched a Premium Flagship smartphone Named Mi Mix 3. This Mi Mix 3 was released in India on 19 Aug 2018. Mi Mix 3 is priced a USD 460 @ 6GB + 128GB Variant.
Xiaomi Released Mi Mix 3 F1 in 6GB + 128GB, 8GB Ram + 128GB & 10GB + 256GB Internal Storage Model. As of these models are available in China MainLand. when I’m using Mi Mix 3 I got a Premium Smartphone feeling when holding in the hand with a Dual Camera Setup on rear and Dual Pop-up camera set up on the front & SD 845 makes this Smartphone a true Performance beast. Mi Mix 3 design is Very Unique to Look With Pop-up System Without Any Motorized Setup.
Mi Mix 3 features the Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm named SD 845 which is available on S9 Plus too. this chip is made of 10nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 4 x A75 low power cores which are clocked at 2.8GHz, second part features 4 x A55 high powered cores which are clocked at 1.7GHz. it has Adreno 630 GPU which increases its work by 30% compared to SD 835 the last Flagship processor from Qualcomm. it has an X20 LTE Modem which has Download and Uploads speeds of 1200 & 150MBPS. Coming to the AI Department it doesnothave Ai Integration in the processor built in the processor which helps in AI Capabilities.
Mi Mix 3 has a Dual Camera setup on the rear and single Camera on the front which comprises a 12MP F/1.8 OIS + 12MP f/2.2 Telephoto sensor and a 24MP F/2.0 + 2MP Front camera user take normal, ultrawide angle and portrait images from front and back With Dual Camera Setups.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Mi Mix 3 and Jump into the review.
Mi Mix 3 Specs
- 6.39″ Full HD+ SAMOLED display with waterdrop notch
- protected Corning Gorilla Glass 5 & HDR Supported
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa Core CPU
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6 / 8 / 10GB RAM
- Nano Sim / Nano Hybrid
- 128 GB Internal Storage
- 12MP F/1.8 Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS (primary) + 12MP F/2.2 ( telephoto)
- 24MP F/2.0 + 2MP (Depth) Dual Selfie camera
- Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10 on top
- Dual 4G Volte
- 3200 mAH battery with 18W fast charging support
- 10W Wireless charging support
- Wifi / Bluetooth 5.0 LE / Dual GPS
- 3.5mm Jack / USB Type-C / NFC
Price: USD 469 In US, GBP 375 In UK, EUR 350 In Europe
- Here in Display Department Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone, Features a 6.39″ Excellent FULL HD+ 18:9 AMOLED panel screen with 403 pixels per inch, the colours are vibrant and excellent, viewing angles are perfect. There are No issues & problems with screen quality. It is very bright to see in direct sunlight. This Display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is HDR 10+ Certified So you can Play HDR content on the phone without any issues.
- In Mi Mix 3, Xiaomi Used their traditional Single Speaker System which were is very loud and Equal to their Older Mi8 Smartphone. these speakers are supported by Dolby Atmos Sound technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus) which help to get clear sound output from the mobile speaker. here earpiece which is included in bezel provides a louder sound.
- Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the headphone jack is not provided. instead of that, they provided a Dongle to use. the Audio Quality is Good with an excellent base and perfect Volume. there are no special Features like Dolby atoms or others to tune the sound. but the sound Quality is good from the speaker and Type c And 3.5mm Dongle.
- Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone is Build with a 7000 Aluminium frame on the side and Gorilla Glass 5 on front and back of the device is protected with Ceramic. it provides a good look and feels Because it is made with 7000 Series Aluminium and Ceramic back. There are no issues of creakiness with the build quality.
- Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone Features a Rear fingerprint sensor. By looks, it is so Small to see but, very fast and very accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
- Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone Uses the face unlock with its 24MP RGB Camera. the face unlocking is Quite fast and Secure. it works in the pitch dark conditions with medium Amount of light from the AMOLED Panel.
- Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone weighs 218 Grams, it feels a Bit Heavy with 6.39″ Screen and 3200 mAh battery equipped. This Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone can be used by one hand. The weight balance is done very well on the device. After using a Week You will notice that.
- My Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 18% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 3300 mAH Battery. The ideal drain of Mi 9 SmartPhone is very low as other Latest Flagships like S10 Plus and Apple Smartphones. the Quick charge 3.0 makes a difference and charges the phone in 95 min which is good.
- MIUI 10 based Android 9 Pie present on the Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone is very fast & so fluid, No lags were noticed. It has a ton of bloatware like honor and Huawei Devices. There are some extra features like Inbuilt Face Unlock System, Direct video calling feature, Always on Display, Perfect Gaming Mode makes this MIUI 10 OS special for Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone. there are some Battery Optimizations Present on MIUI 10 makes Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone last longer.
- My Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone managed to do day to day tasks very well like the lastest Flagships. there are No issues and problems with the Operating system and there are no heating issues with Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone
- Ram Management is done very well on this
Mi 9 SmartPhone. It features 6 / 8 / 10GB LPDDR4X Ram and I did not notice any lags with the 8GB Ram device and there are no reloading of apps on this Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone. Multitasking experience is nice
- Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at highest graphics setting without lags & frame drops in the game. Snapdragon 845 Processor is very suitable for heavy gaming.
- the Call quality on Mi Mix 3 SmartPhone is very good and there are no issues with cellular call quality on Volte. we have taken long calls in a day and the other party doesn’t complain. the earpiece is included on the front side & its very loud. the Voice Calls From speaker is also Good and Clear.
- the 12MP main Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.8. The daylight pictures are excellent and contain exquisite details like a natural photo. Exposure is in control with Dynamic decent range to take good pictures in good lighting Conditions. in low light Conditions, the images are very clear and Sharp without noise which is good to see. It Has a 12MP Telephoto camera, which occurs on some Flagship phones. the edge detection is good and gives the best portrait effect to the photo. it captures pictures in a 77˚ field of view. in low lighting has some noise due to F/2.2 Aperture. if we turn on night shot it reduces the Noise and Increases Colour accuracy and decent Sharpness to look good which is nice. it nearly acts like Pixel night shot.
- Video recording can be done up to 4k@60fps .the video footage has excellent Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. Stabilisation is not good in 4k@60fps And 1080p FHD recording. The video quality in the low night conditions is very good with good Sharpness and Decent Dynamic range.
- Mi Mix 3 Smartphone features a 24MP selfie camera with large 1.22 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0. Picture quality is good. Photos are well detailed and contain a decent dynamic range. 2MP Camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence
- Front Selfie camera can record Video at 1080p @ 30fps which is good with EIS On which is good. the picture is not wide Because of EIS Cropping the Footage.
- it is a cool feature to see in the Flagship devices. this Wireless Charging Technology charges Phone in Equal to Wired Charging which is Good
- the Design looks Great, Xiaomi has gone with Manual pop-up Front Camera System without Motorized Setups.
- Good thing is Xiaomi is Providing A 10W Wireless Charger With Mi Mix 3 Which is a Great Move In Flagship Range
- No IP Rating
- Very Slippery to hold
- EIS available only in 1080p