Samsung launched S Series smartphone Named Galaxy S21+ 5G. Galaxy S21+ 5G was released in India on 14 Jan 2021. Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G is priced at 81,999 for 8GB + 128GB & 85,999 for 8GB + 256GB Variant in India.
it features Exynos chip from Samsung named Exynos 2100 which is made of 5nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 3 parts; the first part features 4 x A55 low power cores which are clocked at 2.2GHz, second part features 3 x A78 high powered cores which are clocked at 2.80GHz and the third part is divided into 1 x Cortex X1 core which is clocked at 2.9GHz. it has a Mali-G78 MP14 for Graphic Intensive Tasks
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Galaxy S21+ 5G and Jump into the review.
Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G Specs
- 6.7” Full HD+ AMOLED 2x Display with 120Hz Refresh Rate & HDR 10+ Support with 1300 nits Brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Soc Or Exynos 2100 Soc
- 8GB LPDDR5 Ram
- 128 / 256GB Internal Storage Storage, Expandable up to 512 GB Via Micro – SD Card.
- Camera : Rear 12MP f/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS (Main) + 64MP f/2.0, PDAF, OIS, 3x Optical Zoom (Telephoto) + 12MP f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) Camera, 8K UHD video Capture
- 10MP f/2.2 MP front camera
- 4800 mAH battery with 25W fast charging & & 15W Wireless charging and 4.5W Reverse Wireless Charging
- Android 11 with one UI 3.1 on top
- IP68 Water & Dust Resistance
- In-Display fingerprint scanner / Volte / AKG Tuned Stereo Speakers
- WiFi / Bluetooth 5.0 / USB – C
6.7″ Full HD+ AMOLED 2x Screen :
here in Display Department S21+ Features an Excellent Full HD+ AMOLED 2x panel screen with 394 pixels per inch, the colours are rich and awesome, viewing angles are perfect. there are No issues & problems with screen quality. It is Super bright to see in direct sunlight. it is HDR 10+ Certified So you can Play HDR content on the phone without any issues. The 120Hz Refresh rate super Smooth on this Display.
Stereo Speakers and Headphone Jack:
In S21+ Samsung used Stereo Spekaers which are Tuned By AKG. These Stereo Speakers were is very loud. these speakers are supported by Dolby Atmos Surround Sound technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus) which help to get clear sound output from the mobile speaker. here earpiece Also Acts as Speaker which gives a little sound to feel the streo effect is working
Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the no headphone jack but the USB-C Port was Equipped with 32-bit/384kHz and The Sound Quality was Superb.
Build Quality :
S21+ is also Build with a Aluminium frame on side and front of the device is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus and Rear Side is Protected With Plastic. There are No issues of creakiness with build quality and Feels Very Light.
In-Display fingerprint scanner:
S21+ Features a In-Display mounted fingerprint sensor which is included into the screen. By looks it is Small to see but, fast and very accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user. This placement of this sensor is on the Bottom Center of the phone.
S21+ Uses the face unlock with its 10MP RGB Camera. The face unlocking is Quite fast and Secure. It works in the Very dark conditions with medium Amount of light from the AMOLED Panel. The Animations Around the Camera are Interesting to see.
My Galaxy S21+ lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 28% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 4000 mAH Battery The ideal drain of S21 is very low. The 25w Super fast charging makes a difference and charges the phone in 90min which is good.
One UI Operating System :
One UI 3.1 Present on the S21+ is very fast & so fluid, No lags were noticed. It comes with less bloatware majorly Samsung And Microsoft apps were included. There are some extra features like Dual Apps, Direct video calling feature, Always on Display make this UI special.
My Galaxy S21+ managed to do day to day tasks very well. there are No issues and problems with the UI and there are no heating issues with Galaxy S21+.
Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at Highest graphics setting without lags & frame drops in the game. this Exynos 2100 is suitable for gaming.
Galaxy S21+ Feature 128GB & 256GB Storage Options. Out of 128 GB We get 113 GB & 241GB Storage with Google Account Included.
Ram Management :
Ram Management is done very well on this Galaxy S21+ device. It features 8GB ram and I did not notice any lags with the and there are no reloading of apps on this Galaxy S21+. Multitasking experience is nice.
Call Quality :
The Call quality on Galaxy S21+ is very good and there are no issues with cellular call quality. we have taken long calls in a day and the other party doesn’t complain. the earpiece is included in the top bezel & its very loud.
Coming to the Camera Department, S21+ features a Triple Camera setup on the back of the device and a single camera on the front of the device. Lets divide the cameras and look at the performance of them
1. Main Camera: the 12MP main Camera is Awesome and features a F/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS. The Low light & daylight pictures are very good and contain very good details like a natural photo. Night mode takes a long exposure shot and gives more details in the night. The steady shot also works well to take steady pictures. Exposure is in control with decent Dynamic range.
2. 64MP Telephoto camera: The 64MP main Camera With OIS is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.0. The Telephoto camera is Awesome and provides Good bokeh in portrait images. The 3x Optical Zoom in Pictures Looks Good. Max you can Go Upto 6x After Pictures Starts shredding.
3. Ultra Wide Angle Camera: The 12MP ultra wide angle lens on S21 does a good job. It captures a much wider picture in 123˚ field of view with good details. Exposure is control with decent dynamic range.
Video recording can be done up to 8k@24fps .the video footage has excellent Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. Stabilization is good in 8k@24fps & 4k@120fps And 1080p FHD recording Due to Optical Image Stabilization. The video quality in the low night conditions is very good with good Sharpness and Decent Dynamic range. the Telephoto Camera Makes Difference in Video Recording with 3x Lossless Zoom. Eye Tracking works excellent in video department also.
Slow Motion video Recording is Awesome in 1080P@240 fps & Super Slow Mo at 720P@960 fps.
Selfie camera :
S21+ features a 10MP selfie camera with 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.2. the Picture quality is fantastic and captures pictures in an Wide view. AI beautification mode is available. Photos are well detailed and contain a decent dynamic range.
This single camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence.
- Excellent Full HD+ Display with Adaptive Refresh Rate
- Flawless performance with Exynos 2100
- Great Images From Main and Ultrawide Camera
- Excellent Build Quality with IP68 Rating
- Compact Size Flagship, Unique Design
- 25W Super fast charging which charges the phone in 90min
- Awesome Stereo Speaker setup
- Headphones & Charger are Missing in Retail Package
- For the Pricing Plastic Back Is Disgusting
- Premium Feeling is Missing
- No Auto Focus in Telephoto Camera
- No New Improvements in the Rear Camera and Front Camera Unit.
Who can Get Galaxy S21+: if you want a Large screen with triple camera on the rear then you can go to S21+. if you want Bigger Screen with Good Built Quality then you can go with S21 Ultra.
If you are using Samsung Galaxy S21+ then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.