Redmi (Xiaomi) launched a Midrange smartphone Named Note 9 Pro. This Note 9 Pro was released in India on oct 2019 Redmi Note 8 is priced at INR 13,999 @ 4GB + 64 GB Variant and 16,999 @ 6GB + 128GB Variant.
Redmi Note 9 Pro features the Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm named SD 720G. this chip is made of 8nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 2.3 x A75 High power cores which are clocked at 2.3GHz, The second part features 6 x A55 high powered cores that are clocked at 1.8GHz. it has Adreno 618 GPU which increases its work by 30% compared to SD 730G the last Midrange Flagship processor from Qualcomm. it has an X15 LTE Modem which has Download and Uploads speeds of 800 & 150MBPS. Coming to the AI Department it have Ai built in the processor, it has AI Optimizations which helps in AI Capabilities.
Redmi Released Note 9 Pro in 4GB + 64GB, 6GB Ram + 128GB Internal Storage Models. when I’m using Redmi I got a Flagship Smartphone feeling when holding in the hand with a Quad Camera Setup on rear and single-camera set up on the front & Snapdragon 720G at a Un Believable Price makes this Smartphone a true Performance & Camera beast.
Let’s See the Pros And Cons Of Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro Specs
- 6.67” Full HD + (2340 x 1080) Display in 19.5:9 Aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Octa-Core SOC
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 4 / 6 GB RAM
- 64 / 128GB Internal Storage / Expandable with Micro SD
- 48MP f/1.8, PDAF (Main) + 8MP f/2.2 (Ultrawide) + 5MP f/2.4 (Macro) + 2MP f/2.4 (Depth)
- 16MP Selfie camera
- Splash Resistant Coating
- 5020 mAH battery with 18W fast charging
- Wifi / Bluetooth 5.0 LE / Side Fingerprint sensor / GPS
- 3.5mm Jack / USB Type-C
- 6.67” LTPS LCD display, good quality FHD+, viewing angles are good very, very bright in sunlight and very very Smooth. no flaws with the display. the colours are nice on this display.
- It is built with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front & back. there is gradient clour back on this phone
- The processor is good for daily usage, it is fast and fluid. this can handle Pubg or Asphalt 9 on High settings with a Very Low frame drops. but the Gameplay seems to be good. no heating issues.
- It supports for screencasting
- Dual Volte functionality is there. And It works Very Well On the Device
- All sensors are present and work very well too.
- It runs MIUI 11 based on Android 10, feels snappy with extra customizable options
- OTG functionality is there, but hard-disk also works.
- Full-screen gestures are also present
- Ram management, its very good, no reloading of apps. Multitasking is very good.
- Cellular call quality is good, I did not have any problems with it.
- it has support for dual-band Wi-Fi both 2.4GHz & 5Ghz band.
Headphone Jack And Speakers
- Output via the 3.5mm headphone jack, its good with punchy Sound.
- Single speaker, it’s good enough, calls on speakerphone are fine.
- Battery, average battery life. I’m getting 6 hours of sot with 1 day of usage & 1.5 days with medium usage. it takes 1 hr 40 min hours to fully charge the battery.
- The side fingerprint sensor is fast and very accurate. it does not fail, most of the time it worked.
- Face unlock also works fine. it does not unlock with closed eyes also.
Rear Quad Cameras
- Rear Quad Camera, it can work like 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Cameras. picture quality is excellent with high detail and HDR is perfectly balanced. 2Mp depth camera gives an excellent portrait effect to the image very well. The 5MP Macro Camera Works and the Quality in daylight conditions is good, in night conditions image quality is horrible. The 8MP Ultrawide Camera is Good and Does the job , in daylight the image quality Is good and in night conditions the image quality is average. in night conditions images are not as sharp as in daylight.
- night mode works Awesome on the device. good performance with nice details.
- when coming to Video Recording it can do up to 4K
- @ 30fps. the nice thing is it can shoot 720P & 1080p @ 30fps in ultra-wide, normal mode with EIS applied. there is Option to shoot Slow motion video at 720P @90, 240, 120, 960 FPS.
- the Front camera, its good & picture quality is fine. HDR is good too. it can shoot the video at 1080p @ 30fps
- The front camera is equipped with a 32MP shooter. Photos are good and well detailed. At night conditions the photos look good with good details. video quality is good in daylight and night time. it can record up to 720 & 1080P @ 30FPS.
- Build quality is nice with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Perfect & Bright IPS LCD Display In that Price Segment
- Awesome Battery life
- Snapdragon 720G is Good But, Helio G90T is More Powerful Than Snapdragon 720G
- The main Camera has a Downgrade from 64MP to 48MP
- HDR in the Screen is not Correct
- Video Footage Needs Improvement
Who can Get Redmi Note 9 Pro: if you want a Xiaomi device with Miui and with Great Build Quality experience & little bit good Camera’s all in budget Then Redmi Note 9 Pro can be your First choice.
If you are using Redmi Note 9 Pro share your experiences with us in the comment section below, Stay tuned to Mobiradar for More Reviews like this.