Redmi (Xiaomi) launched a Midrange smartphone Named Note 8 Pro. This Note 8 Pro was released in India on oct 2019. Redmi Note 8 Pro is priced at INR 13,999 @ 6GB + 64 GB Variant and 14,999 @ 6GB + 128GB Variant.
Redmi Note 8 Pro features the Helio chip from MediaTek named Helio G90T. this chip is made of 10nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 2 x A76 High power cores which are clocked at 2.05GHz, The second part features 6x A55 high powered cores that are clocked at 2.0GHz. it has Mali G76 MC4 GPU which increases its work by 30% compared to SD 730G the last Midrange Flagship processor from Qualcomm. it has an X15 LTE Modem which has Download and Uploads speeds of 800 & 150MBPS. Coming to the AI Department it have Ai built in the processor, it has AI Optimizations which helps in AI Capabilities.
Redmi Released Redmi Note 8 Pro in 6GB + 64GB, 6GB Ram + 128GB Internal Storage Models. when I’m using Redmi I got a Flagship Smartphone feeling when holding in the hand with a Quad Camera Setup on rear and Dual-camera set up on the front & Helio G90T at a Un Believable Price makes this Smartphone a true Performance & Camera beast.
Let’s See the Pros And Cons Of Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specs
- 6.53” FHD+ HDR LCD display
- Protected With Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- MediaTek Helio G90T octa-core processor
- 6 GB ram
- 64 / 128 GB internal storage / Expandable up to via Micro SD card
- Dual nano sim slot
- Quad rear camera 64 MP (f/1.9) + 8MP (f/2.2) + 2MP ( f/2.4) + 2MP ( f/2.4)
- Dual Front camera 20MP (f/2.2)
- 4500 Mah battery with 18W Fast charging support
- USB TYPE-C
- Rear Fingerprint sensor / Face unlock
- Bluetooth 5.0 / WiFi / Dolby Atmos
- Android 10 With MIUI On top
- 6.53″ LTPS LCD display, good quality FHD+, viewing angles are good very, very bright in sunlight and very very Smooth. no flaws with the display. the colors are nice on this display.
- it is built with Corning gorilla glass 5 on the front & back. there is gradient clour back on this phone
- The processor is good for daily usage, it is fast and fluid. this can handle Pubg or Asphalt 9 on high settings with a minimum frame drops. but the Gameplay seems to be good. no heating issues. Xiaomi has done a good job by using Helio G90T. The Liquid Cooling Also works well and dissipate the heat from the Processor.
- It supports for screencasting
- Dual Volte functionality is there. And It works Very Well On the Device
- All sensors are present and work very well too.
- It runs MIUI based on Android 10, feels snappy with extra customizable options
- Otg functionality is there, but hard-disk also works.
- Full-screen gestures are also present
Dual Assistant Support:
Redmi Note 8 Pro has Dual Assistant Support with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa.
- Ram management, its very good, no reloading of apps. Multitasking is very good.
- Cellular call quality is good, I did not have any problems with it.
- it has support for dual-band Wi-Fi both 2.4GHz & 5Ghz band.
Headphone Jack And Speakers
- Output via the 3.5mm headphone jack, its good with punchy Sound.
- Single speaker, it’s good enough, calls on speakerphone are fine.
- Battery, average battery life. I’m getting 6 hours of sot with 1 day of usage & 1.5 days with medium usage. it takes 1 hr 50 min hours to fully charge the battery.
- The Rear fingerprint sensor is fast and very accurate. it does not fail, most of the time it worked.
- Face unlock also works fine. it does not unlock with closed eyes also.
Rear Quad Cameras
- Rear Quad Camera, it can work like 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Cameras. picture quality is awesome with high detail and HDR is perfectly balanced. 2Mp depth camera gives an excellent portrait effect to the image very well. in night conditions images are not as sharp as in daylight.
- night mode works Awesome on the device. good performance with nice details.
- when coming to Video Recording it can do up to 4K
- @ 30fps. the nice thing is it can shoot 720P & 1080p @ 30fps in ultra-wide, normal mode with EIS applied. there is Option to shoot Slow motion video at 720P @90, 240, 120, 960 FPS.
- the Front camera, its good & picture quality is fine. HDR is good too. it can shoot the video at 1080p @ 30fps
Front Dual Camera
- The front camera is equipped with a 20MP shooter. Photos are good and well detailed. At night conditions the photos look good with good details. video quality is good in daylight and night time. it can record up to 720 & 1080P @ 30FPS.
- Good Build quality
- Awesome Cameras In That Price Bracket
- Good Performance In Day to day Tasks near to SD 845
- Gaming Beast with Liquid cooling system
- Front Camera Images Are Very Detailed In daylight And Night Conditions
- No notification light
- No IR Blaster
- Low Light front Camera Performance is Not good
- 4k Video Recording Quality is not Impressive because with warm colours and noise in Low light.
- Some Issues with Rear camera Exposure.
Who can Get Redmi Note 8 Pro: if you want a xiaomi device with Miui and with Great gaming experience & little bit good Camera’s all in budget Then Redmi Note 8 Pro can be your First choice.
If you are using Redmi Note 8 Pro share your experiences with us in the comment section below, Stay tuned to Mobiradar for More Reviews like this.