Realme launched Budget smartphone Named Realme 7. Realme 7 was released in India on 11 March 2020. Realme released “Realme 7″ in 2 models with 6GB + 64GB, 8GB + 128GB Variant. Realme 7 is priced at 14,999 @ 6GB + 64 GB Variant, 16,999 @ 8GB + 128 GB. when I’m using Realme 7 I felt it is Very Light in the hand and had a Quad Camera Setup and features an Full HD+ 90Hz IPS LCD screen.
It features the Helio chip from MediaTek named Helio G95 this chip is made of 12nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 2 x A76 low power cores which are clocked at 2.05GHz, second part features 6 x A55 high powered cores which are clocked at 2.0GHz. it has Mali G76 MC4 GPU which increases its work by 5% compared to Helio G90T the last Midrange processor from Midrange.
this phone has a 64MP F/1.8, PDAF (main) + 8MP F/2.2 ( Ultra Wide) + 2MP F/2.4 (Dedicated Macro Camera) + 2MP F/2.4 (Depth Sensor) Which Allows User to take Normal, Wideangle, Macro & Portrait Images.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Realme 7 and Jump into the Review
Realme 7 Specs
- 6.5” FHD+ IPS LCD Display with 60Hz Refresh Rate
- MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- 6 / 8GB LPDDR4X Ram
- 64 / 128GB Internal Storage
- Triple Camera: 64MP F/1.8, PDAF (main) +8MP F/2.3, 17mm, 119˚ PDAF + (Ultrawide) + 2MP F/2.4 (Macro) + 2MP F/2.4 (Macro)
- 16MP f/2.5, 26mm (wide) front camera
- 5000mAH battery with 30W fast charging support, 100% in 65 Min
- Realme UI Based on Android 10.0
- Side Mounted fingerprint scanner / Volte / Dual GPS
- WiFi / Bluetooth 5.0 / Single Speakers / USB – C
Must Check: Pixel 4A Review
6.5″ FHD+ IPS LCD screen :
Here in the Display Department Realme 7 Features an Excellent Full HD+ 90Hz IPS LCD panel, Waterdrop Notch screen with 405 pixels per inch, the colours are vibrant and enjoyable, viewing angles are also good. There are No issues & problems with screen quality Realme 7. It is very bright to see in direct sunlight. The Screen is Super Smooth Due to 90Hz Refresh Rate. Realme has Done a Good Job and By Providing 90Hz Refresh Rate In Midrange category Below 15,000 INR.
Speakers and Headphone Jack:
In Realme 7, Realme Used their traditional Single Speaker System which were is very loud and Equal to their Realme 6 Pro Smartphone. these Speaker does not have support to Dolby Atmos Or Smart Amp but the sound output is also good from the mobile speaker. Earpiece performance is also Awesome
Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the headphone jack provided with an Optimized and clear sound without any Software Support like Dolby Audio and OZO Audio. the headphones are not present in the Box Due to Competitive pricing. but with some good pair headphones for listening to music and for taking voice calls clearly.
Build Quality :
Realme 7 is Build with a Polycarbonate frame on side and front and back of the device is protected with Gradient Plastic Back. it provides a good look and feels not Premium Because it is made with Plastic body and Polycarbonate Frame. Through this Realme 7 was Build with Polycarbonate Frame and Plastic Body there are no issues of creakiness with the build quality. well built and the bezels are shrunk down to place a 6.5″ IPS LCD screen.
Side fingerprint scanner:
Realme 7 Features a Side-mounted fingerprint sensor which is present on the top back of the phone. By performance, it is Very fast and accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
Realme 7 has a face unlock feature. It works Nice in Normal Conditions Very Quickly and And Securely but in Night Conditions it will work 50% Screen brightness to recognize the user.
Must Check: Pixel 4A Review
Realme 7 feels very light with 6.5″ Screen and 5000 mAh battery equipped. This Realme 6 can be used by one hand. The weight balance of Realme 7 is done very well.
My Realme 7 lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 27% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 5000mAH Battery. We got 5.8 – 6 Hours of Sot ( Screen on time) on using Mobile data which is good. you will get above 6.6hr Battery life if you use on WiFi. The ideal drain of Realme 7 is very low as Realme 6 Pro. the 30W charging charges the phone in 57 Min.
Realme UI Based On Android 10 :
Here the Realme 7 comes with the Realme UI Based on Android 10. we can see Dual apps and other features in this UI Android 10. we can Also see the unnecessary apps that are wasting Ram on the phone Better To UnInstall Them. By having Realme UI we can not Expect 2 years of Android Version Upgrades and 3 years of security updates on Realme 7 Which is Bad Thing.
My Realme 7 managed to do day to day tasks very well like the Realme 7 Pro. there are no issues and problems with the UI and there are no heating issues with Realme 7.
Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at Higher graphics setting without any lags & frame drops in the game. this Helio G95 Processor is suitable for Heavy Gaming.
Ram Management :
Ram Management is done very well on this Realme 7. We tested 6GB ram Model and We did not notice any lags with the device and there are no reloading of apps on this Realme 7. Multi-tasking experience is nice.
Call Quality :
the Call quality on Realme 7 is very good and there are no issues with cellular call quality. we have taken long calls in a day and the other party doesn’t complain. the earpiece is included in the top bezel & it’s loud and Loud enough in Noisy Conditions.
Coming to the Camera Department, Realme 7 features a Quad camera setup on the back of the device and a single camera on the front of the device. they work perfectly in Realme 7. let’s divide the cameras and look at the performance of them
1. Main Camera: the 64MP main Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.8. the daylight pictures are Excellent and contain Excellent good details. Exposure is in control with Good Dynamic range to take Awesome photos in good lighting Conditions. in low light conditions, the pictures had a very low noise which is negligible to see.
2. Ultrawide Camera: the 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens on Realme 7 does a good job in good lighting conditions and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.2. it captures a much wider picture in 108˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in control with a decent dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the 8MP camera also captures good photos with decent sharpness and in Controlled Exposure.
3. Macro Camera: Realme 7 has A 2MP macro Camera of F/2.4 Which Allows You to Capture Macro Shots From a Distance of 4 Cm. The Quality Of the Image is Pretty Good.
Must Check: Pixel 4A Review
4. Depth Camera: the 2MP Depth Camera on Realme 7 with F/2.4 works does a good job in Day & low lighting conditions. it captures pictures with good portrait Effect.
Video recording can be done up to 4K @30fps .the video footage has awesome Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. there is no good in Stabilization 4K @ 30fps recording. the video quality in the low night conditions is very good.
Selfie camera :
Realme 7 features a 16MP selfie camera with large 0.8 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0. the Picture quality is fantastic and captures pictures in a Wide view in good lighting conditions it also captures equal low-light images compared to the rear camera.
Video recording can be done up to 1080p@30fps with Front Camera .the video footage has awesome Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range.
This single-camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence. it has also Auto Beautification Mode and Phase Detection Auto Focus System Present.
Widevine L1 support:
Realme 7 has Widevine L1 support to stream HD videos from Amazon Prime or NetFlix which we Cannot see in these Budget Mobiles.
All Sensors :
In 2020 Realme provided Some sensors in their Midrange mobiles Like Realme 7. Realme is Providing sensors like proximity, magnetometer, Fingerprint sensors which are good to see.
- Great Piece of 64MP Quad Camera’s in Budget Range With Excellent Low light & Day Light images
- Awesome 6.5″ FHD+ Screen With 90Hz Screen
- Attractive Design & Splash Resistant Body
- Awesome Gaming Performance with Helio G95 Soc
- Out Standing Battery life With 30W Vooc Charging
- Needs Improvement In Videography
- the Macro & Depth Cameras Doesn’t Make Any Sense
Who can Get Realme 7: if you want a Realme device with 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio with Realme UI and Helio G95 Soc Then Realme 7 can be your First choice. if you want Same Powerful hardware with other Operating Systems Price to Value Mobiles Then
Realme 6 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Samsung Galaxy M31s
Poco M2 can be your Alternatives to Realme 7.
If you are using Realme 7 then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.