Realme launched Budget smartphone Named Realme 6 Pro. Realme 6 pro was released in India on 11 March 2020. Realme released “Realme 6 Pro in Three models with 4GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB And 6GB + 128GB Variant. Realme 6 is priced at 13,999 @ 4GB + 64 GB Variant, 15,999 @ 6GB + 128 GB and 16,999 @ 8GB + 128GB. when I’m using Realme 6 I felt it is Very Light in the hand and had a Quad Camera Setup and features an Full HD+ 90Hz IPS LCD screen.
It features the Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm named Snapdragon 720G. this chip is made of 8nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 2 x A55 low power cores which are clocked at 2.3GHz, second part features 6 x A76 high powered cores which are clocked at 1.8GHz. it has Adreno 616 GPU which increases its work by 20% compared to Snapdragon 730G the last Midrange processor from Midrange. It has an X15 Modem which has Download and Uploads speeds of 800 & 300MBPS. It has also integrated Ai Unit built-in the processor which helps in AI Capabilities.
this phone has a 64MP F/1.8, PDAF (main) + 8MP F/2.2 ( Ultra Wide) + 2MP F/2.4 (Dedicated Macro Camera) + 12MP F/2.5 (telephoto Sensor) Which Allows User to take Normal, Wideangle, Macro & Portrait Images.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Realme 6 and Jump into the Review
Realme 6 Pro Specs
- 6.6” FHD+ 18:9 IPS LCD Full-Screen Display with 90 Hz Refresh Rate
- Protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 ( Front & Back )
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G CPU
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 6 / 8GB LPDDR4X Ram
- 64 / 128GB Internal Storage.
- Quad Camera: 64MP F/1.8 PDAF (main) + 8MP F/2.5 ( Telephoto) + 8MP F/2.3 Ultrawide)+ 2MP F/2.4 (Macro Sensor)
- 16MP f/2.1 MP front camera
- 4300mAH battery with 30W Vooc fast charging support
- Android 10 with Realme UI on top
- Splash Proof Water
- Side Fingerprint scanner / Volte / Dual GPS
- WiFi / Bluetooth 5.0 / USB – C
6.5″ HD+ IPS LCD screen :
Here in the Display Department Realme 6 Pro Features an Excellent Full HD+ 90Hz IPS LCD panel, Waterdrop Notch screen with 405 pixels per inch, the colours are vibrant and enjoyable, viewing angles are also good. There are No issues & problems with screen quality Realme 6 Pro. It is very bright to see in direct sunlight. The Screen is Super Smooth Due to 90Hz Refresh Rate. Realme has Done a Good Job and By Providing 90Hz Refresh Rate In Midrange category Below 15,000 INR.
Speakers and Headphone Jack:
In Realme 6 Pro, Realme Used their traditional Single Speaker System which were is very loud and Equal to their Realme 5 Pro Smartphone. these Speaker does not have support to Dolby Atmos Or Smart Amp but the sound output is also good from the mobile speaker. Earpiece performance is also Awesome
Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the headphone jack provided with an Optimized and clear sound with Software Support like Dolby Audio and OZO Audio. the headphones are not present in the Box Due to Competitive pricing. but with some good pair headphones for listening to music and for taking voice calls clearly.
Build Quality :
Realme 6 is Build with a Polycarbonate frame on side and front and back of the device is protected with Gradient Glass Back. it provides a good look and feels not Premium Because it is made with Glass body and Polycarbonate Frame. Through this Realme 6 was Build with Polycarbonate Frame and Glass Body there are no issues of creakiness with the build quality. well built and the bezels are shrunk down to place a 6.6″ IPS LCD screen.
Rear fingerprint scanner:
Realme 6 Pro Features a Side-mounted fingerprint sensor which is present on the top back of the phone. By performance, it is Very fast and accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
Realme 6 Pro has a face unlock feature. It works Nice in Normal Conditions Very Quickly and And Securely but in Night Conditions it will work 50% Screen brightness to recognize the user.
Realme 6 Pro feels very light with 6.5″ Screen and 4300 mAh battery equipped. This Realme 6 can be used by one hand. The weight balance of Realme 6 is done very well.
My Realme 6 Pro lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 21% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 4300mAH Battery. We got 5.5 – 6 Hours of Sot( Screen on time) on using Mobile data which is good. you will get above 6.3hr Battery life if you use on WiFi. The ideal drain of Realme 6 Pro is very low as Realme 5 Pro. the 30W charging charges the phone in 55 Min.
Realme UI Based On Android 10 :
Here the Realme 6 Pro comes with the Realme UI Based on Android 10. we can see Dual apps and other features in this UI Android 10. we can Also see the unnecessary apps that are wasting Ram on the phone Better To UnInstall Them. By having Realme UI we can not Expect 2 years of Android Version Upgrades and 3 years of security updates on Realme 6 Pro Which is Bad Thing.
My Realme 6 Pro managed to do day to day tasks very well like the Realme 5 pro. there are no issues and problems with the UI and there are no heating issues with Realme 6 Pro.
Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at Higher graphics setting without any lags & frame drops in the game. this Snapdragon 720G Processor is suitable for Heavy Gaming.
Ram Management :
Ram Management is done very well on this Realme 6 Pro. We tested 4GB ram Model and We did not notice any lags with the 4GB Ram device and there are no reloading of apps on this Realme 6 Pro. Multitasking experience is nice.
Call Quality :
the Call quality on Realme 6 Pro is very good and there are no issues with cellular call quality. we have taken long calls in a day and the other party doesn’t complain. the earpiece is included in the top bezel & it’s loud and Loud enough in Noisy Conditions.
Coming to the Camera Department, Realme 6 Pro features a Quad camera setup on the back of the device and a single camera on the front of the device. they work perfectly in Realme 6 pro. let’s divide the cameras and look at the performance of them
1. Main Camera: the 64MP main Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.8. the daylight pictures are Excellent and contain Excellent good details. Exposure is in control with Good Dynamic range to take Awesome photos in good lighting Conditions. in low light conditions, the pictures had a very low noise which is negligible to see.
2. Ultrawide Camera: the 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens on Realme 6 Pro does a good job in good lighting conditions and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.2. it captures a much wider picture in 108˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in control with a decent dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the 8MP camera also captures good photos with decent sharpness and in Controlled Exposure. There is an Ultrawide Mode in Google Camera port.
3. Macro Camera: Realme 6 Pro has A 2MP macro Camera of F/2.4 Which Allows You to Capture Macro Shots From a Distance of 4 Cm. The Quality Of the Image is Pretty Good.
4.12MP Telephoto camera:
the 12MP Telephoto Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.5. The Telephoto camera is Average and provides 3x Zoom in Pictures. the 3x Zoom Pictures are Good. The telephoto camera is very average in night conditions.
Video recording can be done up to 4K @30fps .the video footage has awesome Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. there is no good in Stabilization 4K @ 30fps recording. the video quality in the low night conditions is very good.
Selfie camera :
Realme 6 Pro features a 16MP Main selfie camera with large 0.8 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0. the Picture quality is fantastic and captures pictures in a Wide view in good lighting conditions it also captures equal low-light images compared to the rear camera and it is Plus Point in Realme 6 When Compared to Redmi Note 9 Pro.
2. Ultrawide Camera: the 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens on Realme 6 does a good job in good lighting conditions and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.2. it captures a much wider picture in 108˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in control with a decent dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the 8MP camera also captures good photos with decent sharpness and in Controlled Exposure. There is an Ultrawide Mode in Google Camera port.
Video recording can be done up to [email protected] with Front Camera .the video footage has awesome Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range.
This single-camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence. it has also Auto Beautification Mode and Phase Detection Auto Focus System Present.
Widevine L1 support:
Realme 6 has Widevine L1 support to stream HD videos from Amazon Prime or NetFlix which we Cannot see in these Budget Mobiles.
All Sensors :
In 2020 Realme provided Some sensors in their Midrange mobiles Like Realme 6. Realme is Providing sensors like proximity, magnetometer, Fingerprint sensors which are good to see.
- Attractive Design With Glass Body
- Clean Software With New All Custom Ui Features
- Great Piece of 64MP Quad Camera’s in Budget Range With Excellent Low light & Day Light images
- Telephoto And Ultrawide camera are Good. Image Processing is Also A Bit good
- Awesome 6.6″ FHD+ Screen With 90Hz Screen
- Awesome Gaming Performance
- Excellent Standing Battery life With 30W Vooc Charging. fully charged Within 60 Min
- At That price point, Realme Should have Provided Stabilization in 4K Video
- Display Is Not As Bright As Realme 6
- Macro Camera is Not Impressive
Who can Get Realme 6: if you want a Realme device with 19:9 Aspect Ratio with Realme UI and Snapdragon 720G Soc Then Realme 6 Pro can be your First choice. if you want Same Powerful hardware with other Operating Systems Price to Value Mobiles Then
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A51
Poco X2 can be your Alternatives to Realme 6 Pro.
If you are using Realme 6 Pro then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.