Realme launched Budget smartphone Named Realme 5i. Realme 5i was released in India on 9 January 2020. Realme released “Realme 5i” in Two models with 4GB + 64GB, 4GB + 128GB. Realme 5i is priced at 10,999 @ 4GB + 128GB Variant, 9,999 @ 4GB + 64GB. when I’m using Realme 5i I felt it is Very Light in the hand and had a Quad Camera Setup and features a HD+ IPS LCD screen.
Realme 5i features the Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm named SD 665. this chip is made of 10nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 4 x Kryo 260 (A73) High power cores which are clocked at 2.0GHz, second part features 4x Kryo 260 A55 Low powered cores which are clocked at 1.8GHz. it has Adreno 610 GPU. it has an X15 LTE Modem which has Download and Uploads speeds of 600 & 150MBPS. Coming to the AI Department it does not have Ai built in the processor, it has AI Optimizations which helps in AI Capabilities.
this phone Quad Rear Camera Setup has a 12MP F/1.8, PDAF (main) + 8MP F/2.3 ( Ultra Wide) + 2MP F/2.4 (Dedicated Macro Camera) + 2MP F/2.4 (Depth Sensor) Which Allows User to take Normal, Wideangle, Macro & Portrait Images.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Realme 5i and Jump into the Review
- 6.52” HD+ 18:9 IPS LCD Full-Screen Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 CPU
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4 GB LPDDR4X Ram
- 64 / 128GB Internal Storage.
- Quad Camera: 12MP F/1.8, PDAF (main) + 8MP F/2.3 ( Ultra Wide) + 2MP F/2.4 (Dedicated Macro Camera) + 2MP F/2.4 (Depth Sensor)
- 8MP f/2.0 MP front camera
- 5000mAH battery with 10W charging support
- Android 9.0 Pie with Color OS 6 on top
- Rear Fingerprint scanner / Volte / Dual GPS
- WiFi / Bluetooth 5.0 / Micro USB
6.52″ HD+ IPS LCD screen :
Here in the Display Department Realme 5i Features an Excellent HD+ IPS LCD panel, Waterdrop Notch screen with 269 pixels per inch, the colors are vibrant and enjoyable, viewing angles are also good. There are No issues & problems with screen quality Realme 5i. It is very bright to see in direct sunlight.
Speakers and Headphone Jack:
In Realme 5i, Realme Used their traditional Single Speaker System which were is very loud and Equal to their Realme 3 Smartphone. these Speaker does not have support to Dolby Atmos Or Smart Amp but the sound output is also good from the mobile speaker. Earpiece performance is also Awesome
Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the headphone jack provided with an Optimized and clear sound without any Software Support like Dolby Audio and OZO Audio. the headphones are not present in the Box Due to Competitive pricing. but with some good pair headphones for listening to music and for taking voice calls clearly.
Build Quality :
Realme 5i is Build with a Polycarbonate frame on the side and the front and back of the device are protected with Gradient Plastic Back. it provides a good look and feels not Premium Because it is made with Plastic body and Polycarbonate Frame. Through this Realme 5i was Build with Polycarbonate Frame and Plastic Body there are no issues of creakiness with the build quality. well built and the bezels are shrunk down to place a 6.52″ IPS LCD screen.
Rear fingerprint scanner:
Realme 5i Features a Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which is present on the top back of the phone. By performance, it is Very fast and accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
Realme 5i has a face unlock feature. It works Nice in Normal Conditions Very Quickly and And Securely but in Night Conditions it will work 50% Screen brightness to recognize the user.
Realme 5i feels very light with 6.52″ Screen and 5000 mAh battery equipped. This Realme 5i can be used by one hand. The weight balance of Realme 5i is done very well.
My Realme 5i lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 40% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 5000mAH Battery. We got 6.5 Hours of Sot( Screen on time) on using Mobile data which is good. you will get above 7hr Battery life if you use on WiFi. The ideal drain of Realme 5i is very low as Realme 3 Pro. the 10W charging charges the phone in 120 Min.
Color Os 6.0 Operating System Based On Android 9 Pie :
Here the Realme 5i comes with the Colour OS UI Based on Android 9 Pie. we can see Dual apps and other features in this UI Android 9 Pie. we can Also see the unnecessary apps that are wasting Ram on the phone Better To UnInstall Them. By having Colour OS we can not Expect 2 years of Android Version Upgrades and 3 years of security updates on Realme 5i Which is Bad Thing.
My Realme 5i managed to do day to day tasks very well like the Realme 3 pro. there are no issues and problems with the UI and there are no heating issues with Realme 5i.
Ram Management :
Ram Management is done very well on this Realme 5i. We tested 4GB ram Model and We did not notice any lags with the 4GB Ram device and there is no reloading of apps on this Realme 5i. The multitasking experience is nice.
Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at Medium graphics setting without any lags & frame drops in the game. this Snapdragon 665 Processor is not suitable for Heavy Gaming.
Call Quality :
the Call quality on Realme 5i is very good and there are no issues with cellular call quality. we have taken long calls in a day and the other party doesn’t complain. the earpiece is included in the top bezel & it’s loud and Loud enough in Noisy Conditions.
Coming to the Camera Department, Realme 5i features a Quad camera setup on the back of the device and a single camera on the front of the device. they work perfectly in Realme 5i. let’s divide the cameras and look at the performance of them
1. Main Camera: the 12MP main Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.7. the daylight pictures are good and contain good details. Exposure is in control to take Awesome photos in good lighting Conditions. in low light conditions, the pictures have a bit of noise which is negligible to see. Google Camera Port also works With this Device So You Can Get Some Great Photos with this Device.
2. Ultrawide Camera: the 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens on Realme 5i does a good job in good lighting conditions and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.2. it captures a much wider picture in a 108˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in control with a decent dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the 8MP camera also captures good photos with decent sharpness and in Controlled Exposure. There is an Ultrawide Mode in Google Camera port.
3. Macro Camera: Realme 5i has A 2MP macro Camera of F/2.4 Which Allows You to Capture Macro Shots From a Distance of 4 Cm. The Quality Of the Image is Pretty Good.
4. Depth Camera: the 2MP Depth Camera on Realme 5i with F/2.4 works does a good job in Day & low lighting conditions. it captures pictures with good portrait Effect.
Video recording can be done up to 4K @30fps .the video footage has awesome Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. there is no good in Stabilization 4K @ 30fps recording. the video quality in the low night conditions is very good.
Selfie camera :
Realme 5i features an 8MP selfie camera. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0. the Picture quality is fantastic and captures pictures in a Wide view in good lighting conditions, in low-light images the front camera Struggles and have a lot of noise.
Video recording can be done up to [email protected] with Front Camera .the video footage has awesome Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range.
This single-camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artificial Intelligence. it has also Auto Beautification Mode and Phase Detection Auto Focus System Present.
All Sensors :
in 2019 Realme provided Some sensors in their Midrange mobiles Like Realme 5i. Realme is Providing sensors like proximity, magnetometer, Fingerprint sensors which are good to see.
- Good Camera’s
- Portrait Images Are also Way Good
- Awesome Screen With Smaller Notch
- Attractive Design Plastic Design
- Fast In Day to Day Tasks
- Awesome Battery life
- Macro Shots Strrugles In LowLight
- EIS is limited to [email protected]
- Limited to Some Regions
Who can Get Realme 5i: if you want a Realme device with 19:9 Aspect Ratio with Colour OS and SD 665 Soc Then Realme 5i can be your First choice. if you want Same Powerful hardware with other Operating Systems Price to Value Mobiles Then
Redmi Note 7s
Motorola One Action
Infinix S5 Pro
Vivo U10 can be your Alternatives to Realme 5i.
If you are using Realme 5i then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.