Xiaomi launched a Flagship Killer smartphone Named PocoPhone F1. This Pocophone F1 was released in India on 22 Aug 2018. Pocophone F1 is priced at 20,999 @ 64 GB Variant Now It Retailing At 17,999 Indian Rupees. at this Price, it is a true value for money smartphone.
Xiaomi Released Pocophone F1 in 6GB + 64GB, 6GB Ram + 128GB & 8GB + 256GB Internal Storage Model. when I’m using Pocophone F1 I got a Midrange Smartphone feeling when holding in the hand with a Dual Camera Setup on rear and single camera set up on the front & SD 845 at a Un Belivable Price makes this Smartphone a true Performance beast.
Pocophone F1 features the Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm named SD 845 which is available on S9 Plus too. this chip is made of 10nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 4 x A75 low power cores which are clocked at 2.8GHz, second part features 4 x A55 high powered cores which are clocked at 1.7GHz. it has Adreno 630 GPU which increases its work by 30% compared to SD 835 the last Flagship processor from Qualcomm. it has an X20 LTE Modem which has Download and Uploads speeds of 1200 & 150MBPS. Coming to the AI Department it doesnothave Ai Integration in the processor built in the processor which helps in AI Capabilities.
Pocophone F1 has a Dual Camera setup on the rear and single Camera on the front which comprises a 12MP F/1.9 + 5MP f/2.0 sensor and a 20MP F/2.0 Front camera user take normal, ultrawide angle and portrait images from front and back.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Pocophone F1 and Jump into the review.
Pocophone F1 Specs
- 6.18” FHD+ 19:9 IPS LCD Notch Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 CPU
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6 / 8 GB LPDDR4X Ram
- 64 / 128 / 256 GB Internal Storage.
- Dual Camera: 12MP F/1.9 Dual Pixel PDAF (main) + 5MP F/2.0 PDAF ( Depth)
- 20MP f/2.0 MP front camera
- 4000mAH battery with 18W Dash charging support
- Android One 9.0 Pie with MiUI on top
- Single Speaker / Rear fingerprint scanner
- Volte / Dual GPS / WiFi / IR Blaster
- Bluetooth 5.0 / USB – C 1.0 / NFC / OTG
- Dolby Atmos / UFS 2.1 / IR Facial Recognization
Price: USD 313 In US, GBP 280 IN UK, EUR 277 In Europe
- Pocophone F1 Features an Excellent 6.18″ Full HD+ IPS LCD panel with Notch Edge screen with 402 pixels per inch, the colours are vibrant and enjoyable, viewing angles are also Excellent. There are No issues & problems with screen quality. It is very bright to see in direct sunlight.
- Xiaomi Used the traditional Stereo Speaker System and it is Much louder and equal when Compared to other flagship Smartphones.
- Xiaomi Retained 3.5MM headphone jack. The headphone jack is present, audio through this is very nice.
- Pocophone F1 is Build with a Polycarbonate on the side on Back & Front of the Device Is Protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. it does not provides a good look and feels Because it is made with 6 Polycarbonate. There are no issues of creakiness with the build quality.
- Pocophone F1 Features a Rear mounted fingerprint sensor which is present on the top back of the phone. By performance, it is fast and very accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
- Pocophone F1 has face unlock feature which works through Infrared Sensor. It works Nice in Normal Conditions Very Quickly and And Securely but in Night Conditions it will work in pitch Dark Conditions and recognize the user.
- Pocophone F1 feels A Very light with 6.18″ Screen and 4000 mAh battery equipped. This Pocophone F1 can be used by one hand
- Pocophone F1 lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 22% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 4000 mAH Battery. We got 5 to 5.5 Hours of Sot( Screen on time) on using Mobile data which is good. you will get above 6hr Battery life if you use Continuously on WiFi. The ideal drain of Pocophone F1 is very low. the 18W Fast charging makes a difference and charges the phone in 100 min which is a bit good.
- MIUI 10 based Android 9 Pie present on the Pocophone F1 SmartPhone is very fast & so fluid, No lags were noticed. It has a ton of bloatware like honor and Huawei Devices. There are some extra features like Inbuilt Face Unlock System, Direct video calling feature, Always on Display, Perfect Gaming Mode makes this MIUI 10 OS special for Pocophone F1 SmartPhone. there are some Battery Optimizations Present on MIUI 10 makes Pocophone F1 SmartPhone last longer.
- My Pocophone F1 managed to do day to day tasks very well like the Mi 8 Which was Released Last Year. there are No issues and problems with the UI. there are no heating issues with Pocophone F1. It Feels a bit warm In Outdoor Conditions While Recording 4K Videos and Gaming.
- Ram Management is done very well on this Pocophone F1 device. it features 6 / 8 GB ram variants and I did not notice any lags with the 6GB Ram device and there are no reloading of apps on this Pocophone F1. Multitasking experience is good.
- Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at highest graphics setting without lags & frame drops in the game. this Snapdragon 845 Processor is very suitable for heavy gaming.
- In Pocophone F1 out of 64GB, 128GB & 256GB, Internal Storage only 52GB, 114GB & 240GB are available.
- The Call quality on Pocophone F1 is outstanding and there are no issues with cellular call quality. We have taken long calls in a day, and the other party doesn’t complain about call Quality. In Pocophone F1 the Calls are very clear through the Loudspeaker.
- the 12MP main Camera With Dual Pixel Autofocus System is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.9. The daylight pictures are excellent and contain exquisite details Which are near to natural photo. Exposure is in control with a Decent Dynamic range to take good pictures in good lighting Conditions. the 5MP Depth Camera on Pocophone F1 works does a good job in low lighting conditions. it captures pictures with good portrait Effect.
- Video recording can be done up to 4k@60fps .the video footage has excellent Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. Stabilization is good in 4k@60fps And 1080p FHD recording Due to EIS. The video quality in the low night conditions is very good with good Sharpness and Decent Dynamic range. Slow Motion video Recording is harsh in 720P @ 480 FPS.
- Pocophone F1 has a 20MP selfie camera with large 1.22 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0 the Picture quality is good and captures pictures in a Wide view in good lighting conditions it also captures Equal lowlight images compared to the rear camera. AI beautification mode is available. Photos are well detailed and contain a decent dynamic range. This single camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence.
- No OIS In Rear Camera
- EIS Is Disabled In 4K
- No NFC
- NO IP Rating
- Sometimes Pictures Will Become Warm In Rear Camera
If you are using Pocophone F1 then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.