Oneplus launched an Midrange smartphone named Oneplus Nord which will be the Lighter Version to Oneplus 8. Oneplus Nord was released in India on 21 July 2020.
Oneplus Nord is priced at 24,999 Indian Rupees In India @ 6GB + 64GB Base Variant, 8GB RAM + 128GB storage: INR 27,999 & 12GB RAM + 256GB storage: INR 29,999. In Europe The Pricing Will Start From €399 for 8GB + 128GB Varinat and €499 for 12GB + 256GB Varinat.
Oneplus Nord features the Snapdragon latest chip from Qualcomm named Snapdragon 765G this chip is made of 7nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 3 parts; the first part features 1 x Kryo 475 Prime High power cores which are clocked at 2.4GHz, The second part features 1 x Kryo 475 Gold high powered cores which are clocked at 2.2GHz and Third Part features 6 x Kryo 475 Silver which are Clocked at 1.8GHz. it has Adreno 620 GPU to Run the Heavily Graphical Tasks. There is also Support for 5G Connectivity With Qualcomm X55 Modem.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Oneplus Nord and Jump into the review.
Oneplus Nord Specs
- 6.44” FHD+ AMOLED Display with 90Hz Refresh Rate, HDR Support
- Protected with Forging Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 6 / 8 / 12 GB LPDDR4X Ram
- 64 / 128 / 256GB Internal Storage.
- Quad Camera: 48MP, f/1.75, OIS (main) + 8MP f/2.25, 105° (Ultrawide) + 5MP f/2.4 (Depth) + 2MP f/2.4 (Macro)
- 32MP f/2.45 (Main) + 8MP f/2.45, 105° (Ultrawide) front camera
- 4115mAH battery with Wrap Charge 30T support
- Oxygen OS Based on Android One 10.0
- In-Display fingerprint scanner / Volte / Dual GPS
- WiFi / Bluetooth 5.0 / 5G
- USB – C / NFC
6.44” Full HD+ Fluid AMOLED Screen :
Here in the Display Department, Oneplus Nord Features an Excellent Full HD+ Fluid Amoled panel Notchless Edge screen. the colors are vibrant and enjoyable, viewing angles are also Excellent. There are No issues & problems with screen quality. It is very bright to see in direct sunlight. there is also Support to View HDR 10+ Content.
It has 90 Hz Refresh rate Display Which is good For an Oneplus Smartphone. We Can Adjust The Display Refresh Rate From 90 Hz to 60 Hz. By Changing Refresh rate You Can Save the battery life also. You can change the Refresh Rate in Settings, Settings —> Display —> Screen Refresh Rate.
Single Speaker and Headphone Jack:
In Oneplus Nord, Oneplus Used the traditional Single Speaker System. The Sound Output from this Speaker is Good and Clear. Because of the Price Difference Oneplus has Removed Dolby Atmos Sound Feature from the Nord.
Oneplus Has Removed Headphone jack In their Smartphones From Oneplus 7T. This Year Also Oneplus Continued the same trend and removed 3.5MM headphone jack. Coming to USB-C and earphones, the USB-C port was equipped which provides a punchy and clear sound. there are no headphones in the Box.
Build Quality :
Oneplus Nord is Build with a Plastic Frame on the side on Back & Front of the Device Is Protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. it provides a good look and feels Because it is made up of Glass. There are no issues of creakiness with the build quality. The Oneplus Nord Very thin and it is About 8.2 mm.
For the Protection Oneplus Provides a Superb Quality Clear Case Out of the Box.
In-Display Fingerprint scanner:
Oneplus Nord Features an In-Display mounted fingerprint sensor which is present on the Bottom Front of the phone. By performance, it is fast and very accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
Oneplus Nord has a face unlock feature. It works Nice in Normal Conditions Very Quickly and And Securely but in Night Conditions it will work 40% Screen brightness to recognize the user.
Oneplus Nord feels Pretty Light with 6.44″ Screen and 4115 mAh battery equipped. This Oneplus Nord can be used by one hand because of Smaller Display Size. The weight balance is done well on the device though it is Made Up of Plastic and Glass On Front and Back of the Device.
My Oneplus Nord lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage 90Hz Refresh Rate and at the end of the day, I had 20% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 4115 mAH Battery. We got a 5.3 to 5.7 Hours of Sot ( Screen on time) on using Mobile data which is good. you will get above 6hr Battery life if you use Continuously on WiFi. The ideal drain of Oneplus Nord is very low. the 30W Wrap charging makes a difference and charges the phone in 67 min which is a bit good.
Oxygen Os 10 Based On Android 10 :
Oxygen Os present on the Oneplus Nord is very fast & so fluid, No lags were noticed. It does Not have bloatware majorly games and other apps only Amazon apps included. It is a clean UI That gives Stock Android Like Experience. There are some extra features like Dual Apps, Direct video calling feature, Always on Display in this Oxygen Os making Oneplus 8 Perfect
We can get Several Updates On System Optimization, Security patches and New Android Version upgrades. there are Several modes likes Zen mode, In-Built Screen Recorder, Finatic mode.
My Oneplus Nord managed to do day to day tasks very well like the Oneplus 8 Pro Which was Released In April. there are no issues and problems with the UI. there are no heating issues with Oneplus Nord. It Feels a bit warm In Outdoor Conditions While Recording 4K Videos and Gaming.
Ram Management :
Ram Management is done very well on this Oneplus Nord. it features 6 / 8 / 12GB ram variants and I did not notice any lags with the 6GB Ram device and there is no reloading of apps on this Oneplus Nord. The multitasking experience is good.
Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at highest graphics setting without lags & frame drops in the game. this Snapdragon 765G Processor is very suitable for heavy gaming.
in Oneplus Nord, Out of 64GB, 128GB, 256GB Storage, we get 40GB, 108GB & 242GB With Google Account Included.
Call Quality :
The Call quality on Oneplus Nord is outstanding and there are no issues with cellular call quality. We have taken long calls in a day, and the other party doesn’t complain about call quality. The earpiece is present in Top Bezel Which Acts as a Stereo Speaker Too. In Oneplus Nord the Calls are very clear through the Loudspeaker.
Coming to the Camera Department, Oneplus Nord features a Quad Camera setup on the back of the device and a Single camera on the front of the device. they work perfectly in Oneplus Nord. let’s divide the cameras and look at the performance of them
1. Primary Camera: the 48MP main Camera With OIS & PDAF is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.7. The daylight pictures are excellent and contain exquisite details Which are near to natural photo. Exposure is in control with a Decent Dynamic range to take good pictures in good lighting conditions. When the Light is More it cannot Control the Exposure and We will Get More Brighter images With a little bit washed out Colours. In low light conditions, the images are clear and Sharp without noise but Exposure is Not in Control and Colours In image Will be a Bit washed which is not good to see. There is a perfect Pro mode To take the Images As You Like By Adjusting ISO and Brightness.
2. Ultra Wide Angle Camera: the 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens on Oneplus Nord does a good job in good lighting conditions and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.2. it captures a much wider picture in a 112˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in control with a decent dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the images from 8MP camera are average.
3. 2MP Macro camera:
Oneplus Nord N10 has A 2MP macro Camera of F/2.4 Which Allows You to Capture Macro Shots From a Distance of 4 Cm. The Quality Of the Image is Pretty Good.
4. Depth Camera: Oneplus Nord has A 5MP Depth Camera of F/2.4 Which Allows You to Capture Good Portrait Shots.
Video recording can be done up to 4k@60fps .the video footage has excellent Colours with Average sharpness and decent dynamic range. Stabilization is good in 4k@60fps And 1080p FHD recording Due to Optical Image Stabilization. The video quality in the low night conditions is very good with good Sharpness and Decent Dynamic range.
Slow Motion video Recording is Good in 1080P @ 240 FPS . 720P@480 FPS is Not Way Good
Selfie camera :
Oneplus Nord has a 32MP selfie camera with a large 1.22 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.45 the Picture quality is good and captures pictures in a Wide view in good lighting conditions it also captures Equal low-light images compared to the rear camera. AI beautification mode is available. Photos are well detailed and contain a decent dynamic range.
Oneplus Nord Also Features a 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens on Front Which is Direct Copy of the Rear 8MP Sensor. This 8MP Camera Does a good job in good lighting conditions and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.45. it captures a much wider picture in 112˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in control with a decent dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the 8MP camera is Average.
Oneplus Nord Can take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Good, Bright ( 800 Nits ) 90 Hz Oled Panel
- Good Build Quality
- Best In Class Single Speaker
- Fast and Fluid Oxygen Os With More Features This Time
- Power-packed hardware in Lighter Version
- Good Cameras In Day And Night Conditions
- Long Battery Life
- Faster Charging
- No Headphone Jack
- In Very Low-lighting Conditions the Cameras On Front & Back Will Struggle expect the Main Sensors
- No Always On Display
Who can Get Oneplus Nord SmartPhone view:
if you want a Oneplus 8 Likr Device with Bright Fluid 90Hz AMOLED Full HD+ screen, with Snapdragon 765G processor and 30W Wired fast charging 32MP + 8MP Front Camera, Quad Rear Camera Setup at a Midrange Price then you can go with Oneplus Nord SmartPhone. If you want the Same Full-Screen Design Smartphone With Extra Hardware Features and More Performance you can Go with Oneplus 8
- Realme X3 SuperZoom
- iPhone SE ( 2nd Gen )
- iQOO Neo 3
- Samsung Galaxy A71
- LG Velvet
- Moto G 5G and if you want better hardware with awesome cameras Within a Higher Price Range then
- Realme X50 Pro
- IQOO 3
- Oneplus 8
- Oneplus 7T are the Best Choices for Oneplus Nord.
If you are using Oneplus Nord then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this