Nokia launched the Midrange smartphone Named Nokia 8.3. Nokia 8.3 was released in Europe on September 25 2020 . Nokia 8.3 Pricing Starts at €579.95 for 6GB + 64GB variant and €649.95 For 8GB + 128GB Model.
Nokia 8.3 features Snapdragon latest chip from Qualcomm named Snapdragon 765G this chip is made of 7nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 3 parts; the first part features 1 x Kryo 475 Prime High power cores which are clocked at 2.4GHz, The second part features 1 x Kryo 475 Gold high powered cores which are clocked at 2.2GHz and Third Part features 6 x Kryo 475 Silver which are Clocked at 1.8GHz. it has Adreno 620 GPU to Run the Heavily Graphical Tasks. There is also Support for 5G Connectivity With Qualcomm X55 Modem.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Nokia 8.3 and Jump into the Review
Nokia 8.3 5G Specs
- 6.8″ FHD+ IPS LCD Display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- Adreno 620
- 6 / 8 GB LPDDR4X Ram
- 128 / 256GB Internal Storage, Expandable up to 512 GB Via Micro – SD Card.
- Quad Rear Camera, 64MP (main) + 12MP (ultrawide) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth)
- 24MP f/2.0 MP front camera
- 4500mAH battery with 18W fast charging support
- Android One 10.
- Side Fingerprint scanner / Volte / Dual GPS / 5G + 4G
- WiFi / Bluetooth 5.0 / USB – C 2.1 / NFC / OZO Audio
6.8” HD+ IPS LCD screen :
Here in Display Department Nokia 8.3 Features an Excellent FHD+ Super IPS LCD panel Notch screen with 368 pixels per inch, the colors are vibrant and enjoyable, viewing angles are also good. There are No issues & problems with screen quality. It is bright to see in direct sunlight.
Single Speaker and Headphone Jack:
In Nokia 8.3 Nokia Used their Single Speaker System with Smart Amp technology which were is very loud and Equal. These speakers are tuned By Nokia itself which helps to get clear sound output from the mobile speaker. Here earpiece provides a louder sound which is useful Calls in Noisy Conditions.
Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the headphone jack provided with a punchy and clear sound. The headphones are present in the Box, And they are good for listening to music and for taking voice calls.
Build Quality :
Nokia 8.3 is Build with a Plastic frame on side and Rear and front of the device is protected with Corning Gorilla glass 3. it provides a good look and feels Because it is made with Plastic frame and glass body. there are no issues of creakiness with the build quality and appearance well built and the bezels are shrunk down to place a 6.8” IPS LCD HDR screen.
Side fingerprint scanner:
Nokia 8.3 Features a Rear mounted fingerprint sensor which is present on the top back of the phone. By performance, it is fast and very accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
Nokia 8.3 have Face unlock through the 24MP Selfie camera and it is Pretty Responsive.
Nokia 8.3 feels Heavy with 6.8” Screen and 4500 mAh battery equipped. This Nokia 8.3 can be used in one hand. The weight balance is done very well on the device.
My Nokia 8.3 lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage, and at the end of the day, I had 27% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 4500mAH Battery. We got 6 Hours of Sot ( Screen on time) on using Mobile data which is good. You will get above 6.5 hr Battery life if you use on WiFi. The ideal drain of Nokia 8.3 is very low. The 18w charging charges the phone in 1hr 38min which is a good.
Android 11 Operating System :
Stock Android 11 is present on the Nokia 8.3 is very fast & so fluid, No lags were noticed. This is pure stock Android experience and does not have special features like Custom UI’s.
My Nokia 8.3 managed to do day to day tasks very well. There are No issues and problems with the UI, and there are no heating issues with Nokia 8.3.
Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at medium graphics setting without lags & frame drops in the game.
Ram Management :
Ram Management is done very well on this Nokia 8.3 device. It features 6 & 8GB ram Varints, and I did not notice any lags with the 8GB Ram device, and there are no reloading of apps on this Nokia 8.3. Multitasking experience is nice.
Call Quality :
The Call quality on Nokia 8.3 is excellent, and there are no issues with cellular call quality. We have taken long calls in a day, and the other party doesn’t complain. The earpiece is included in the Top Bezel
Coming to the Camera Department, Nokia 8.3 features a Quad Camera setup on the back of the device and a single camera on the front of the device with Carl Zeiss Branding. They work perfectly in Nokia 8.3. let’s divide the cameras and look at the performance of them
1. Main Camera: the 64MP Dual Pixel System main Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.9. The daylight pictures are Good and contain Awesome details. Exposure is in control with good Dynamic range to take good photos in good lighting Conditions. In low light Conditions, the pictures had a good sharpness and good detail to see. The Exposure is in control to take good Pictures.
2. Ultra Wide Angle Camera: the 12MP ultra wide angle lens on Nokia 8.3 does a good job in good lighting conditions and features a Fixed Aperture of F/2.2. it captures a much wider picture in 108˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in not control with a good dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the pictures from 12MP cameras are good with Less Noise and More details.
3. Macro Camera: Nokia 8.3 has A 2MP macro Camera of F/2.4 Which Allows You to Capture Macro Shots From a Distance of 4 Cm. The Quality Of the Image is Pretty Good.
4. Depth Camera: the 2MP Depth Camera on Nokia 8.3 with F/2.4 works does a good job in Day & low lighting conditions. it captures pictures with good portrait Effect.
Video recording can be done up to [email protected] .the video footage has good Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. Stabilization is Available 1080p FHD recording and Not Available in 4K 60FPS. The Video is stable in 4K with great colors and sharpness with controlled Exposure and Dynamic range. In low light 4K Recording is excellent.
The Video Quality is good and Stable in 1080P 30/240 fps with Excellent sharpness. The details are Not Bad to see with With Good Colours and Sharpness. The Details are Good When Compared to Normal 1080P video Recording. In Low Light, the Video is good and Acceptable.
there is Slow Motion Video Option to Record Slow Motion Videos at [email protected] fps which Looks Interesting.
Selfie camera :
Nokia 8.3 features an 24MP selfie camera with large 1.22 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0. the Picture quality is Good and captures pictures in a Wide view in good lighting conditions it also captures average lowlight images compared to the rear camera. AI beautification mode is available. Photos are well detailed and contain a decent dynamic range.
This single camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence.
The Video Quality is good and Stable in 1080P 30fps with Excellent sharpness. The details are Not Bad to see with With Good Colours and Sharpness. The Details are Good When Compared to Normal 1080P video Recording. In Low Light, the Video is good Equal To Midrange Devices.
Widevine L1 support:
Nokia 8.3 has Widevine L1 support to stream HD videos from Amazon Prime or NetFlix which is good to see in this Smartphone and which is a advantage in Nokia 8.3.
All Sensors :
Nokia is providing all sensors like proximity, magnetometer, Fingerprint gyroscope and Ambient light sensing sensors which is good to see.
- Large IPS LCD Display With Good Brightness
- Nokia’s Unique Design language
- Sturdy Built with Plastic Frame
- Perfect 64MP Rear camera in Daylight and Low light
- Ozo Audio makes Sense In Audio Department
- 12MP Wide Angle Camera Does Justic to Ultrawide Shots.
- Excellent Sound Quality From Headphone Jack
- Good Battery life
- IPS LCD Screen at this price
- Plastic Frame at This Price
- Macro & Depth Cameras are Useless
Who can Get Nokia 8.3:
if you want an IPS LCD screen with FHD+ resolution with Quad camera set up on the rear in the Latest Model then you can go With Nokia 8.3 If you want the price to performance smartphones with best in class Hardware without premium feeling then
Realme 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A71
Mi 10 Lite 5G are Alternatives to Nokia 8.3
If you are using Nokia 8.3 then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.