Motorola launched Midrange Android One smartphone Named Motorola One Power. Motorola One power was released in Globally in India on Sep 2018.
Motorola launched One power In Only One Variant 4GB + 64GB. when I’m using One power I felt it is a Little Heaft in the hand Due to 5000mAH Battery. One power has a Dual Camera Setup On Back and Single camera Setup on Front. and features a Full HD+ IPS LCD screen.
it features the Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm named 636 which is available on Redmi Note 5 Pro. this chip is made of 14nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 4 x Kryo 260 low power cores which are clocked at 1.5GHz, second part features 4 x Kryo 260 high powered cores which are clocked at 1.8GHz. it has Adreno 509 GPU which increases its work by 23% compared to SD 625 the last Midrange processor from Qualcomm in 2017. it has a CAT 13 Modem which has Download and Upload speeds of 600 & 150MBPS. it has also integrated Ai bulit in processor which helps in AI Capabilities.
this phone has a Dual Camera setup which comprises a 16MP primary sensor + 5MP Depth sensor and A 12MP Single Front Camera Setup which makes the user take normal and portrait images.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Motorola One Power and Jump into the Review
Motorola One Power Specs
- 6.3″ Full HD + (2340 x 1080) Punch-hole IPS Display in 21:9 Aspect ratio protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- snapdragon 636 OctaCore CPU
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- Nano Sim / Nano Hybrid
- 64 GB Internal Storage and Expandable up to 512 GB with Micro SD
- Dual Camera 16MP f/1.8 + 5MP f/2.2
- 4K @ 30fps & 1080 p @ 120fps Video Capture, 960 FPS Super Slow Motion Videos
- 12MP Selfie camera
- 4K @ 30fps Video Capture
- Dual 4G Volte
- Android 9 Pie
- 5000 mAH battery 15W Turbo Charging support
- Rear Fingerprint Sensor
- Wifi / Bluetooth 5.0 LE / GPS
- 3.5mm Jack / USB-C
Price: USD 189 In US, GBP 170 In UK, Not Available Europe
- Here in the Display Department Motorola One Power, Features an Excellent FHD+ IPS LCD panel Waterdrop Notch screen with 403 pixels per inch, the colours are vibrant and enjoyable, viewing angles are also good. There are No issues & problems with screen quality Motorola One Power. It is A bit bright to see in direct sunlight.
- In Moto One Power, Motorola Used their traditional Stereo Speaker System which were is very loud and Equal to their Moto G6 Smartphone. these speakers are supported by Dolby Atmos Sound technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus) which help to get clear sound output from the mobile speaker. Earpiece performance is also Good
- Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the headphone jack provided with a punchy and clear sound with the support of Dolby Atmos support.
- Moto One Power is Build with an aluminium frame on the side and back front of the device is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. it provides a good look and feels Because it is made with Aluminium body and Polycarbonate Frame. Through this Motorola One Power was Build with aluminium Frame. there are no issues of creakiness with the build quality.
- Moto One Plus Features a Rear mounted fingerprint sensor which is present on the top back of the phone. By performance, it is Slow and very accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
- Motorola One Power feels a Bit Heavy with 6.2″ Screen and 5000 mAh battery equipped. The weight balance of Moto G7 Plus is done very well.
- My Motorola One Power lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 30% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 5000 mAH Battery. We got 5.7 Hours of Sot( Screen on time) on using Mobile data which is good. you will get above 7hr Battery life if you use on WiFi. The ideal drain of Moto One Power is very low as Moto G6. the Turbocharging makes a difference and charges the phone in 90min which is a bit good.
- Here the Motorola One Power comes with the Stock Android Branding. so it runs on stock Android 9 Pie which good. we cannot see Dual apps and other features in this Android 9 Pie. we cannot see the unnecessary apps that are wasting Ram the on phone which is good. By having Stock Android Branding we can Expect 2 years of Android Version Upgrades and 3 years of security updates on Moto One Power.
- Ram Management is done very well on this Motorola One Power. it features 4GB ram and I did not notice any lags with the 4GB Ram device and there are no reloading of apps on this Motorola One Power. Multitasking experience is nice.
- Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at High graphics setting without any lags & frame drops in the game.
- the Call quality on Motorola One Power is very good and there are no issues with cellular call quality. we have taken long calls in a day and the other party doesn’t complain. the earpiece is included in the top bezel & its very loud. The earpiece is Loud enough in Noisy Conditions.
- Rear Camera, the 16MP main Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.8. the daylight pictures are Excellent and contain very good details. Exposure is in control with decent Dynamic range to take good photos in good lighting Conditions. in low light Conditions, the pictures had a very low noise which is negligible to see. the 5MP Depth Camera on Motorola One Power works does a good job in low lighting conditions. it captures pictures with good portrait Effect. it is built to get Good support primary camera in low light Conditions.
- Video recording can be done up to 4k@30fps .the video footage has a bit warm Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. Stabilization is good in 4k@30fps And 1080p FHD recording. the video quality in the low night conditions is a bit good.
- Motorola One Power features a 12MP selfie camera with large 1.22 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0. the Picture quality is fantastic and captures pictures in a Wide view in good lighting conditions it also captures equal lowlight images compared to the rear camera like G6 Plus. This single camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence.
- Video recording can be done up to 1080P@30fps with Front Camera .the video footage has a Bit Warm Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range.
- In 2018 Motorola provided all sensors in thier Budget mobiles Like G Series. Moto is providing all sensors like proximity, magnetometer, Fingerprint gyroscope, and virtual light sensing sensors which is good to see.
- Cameras have Warm Colour Effect in Video Mode
- The fingerprint sensor is very slow
- Have to be PowerFul Processor like SD660.
If you are using Motorola One Power then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.