Asus launched a Flagship smartphone Named Zenfone 5Z. This Asus Zenfone 5Z was released in India on 19 July 2018. Zenfone 5Z is priced at 29,999 @ 64 GB Variant Now It Retailing At 24,999 Indian Rupees. at this Price, we can Consider this smartphone.
Asus Released Zenfone 5Z in 6GB + 64GB, 6GB Ram + 128GB & 8GB + 256GB Internal Storage Model. when I’m using Asus Zenfone 5Z I got a Flagship Smartphone feeling when holding in the hand with a Dual Camera Setup on rear and single camera set up on the front & SD 845 at a Un Believable Price makes this Smartphone a true Performance & Camera beast.
Asus Zenfone 5Z features the Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm named SD 845 which is available on S9 Plus & Pocophone F1 too. this chip is made of 10nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFet process. this processor is divided into 2 parts; the first part features 4 x A75 low power cores which are clocked at 2.8GHz, second part features 4 x A55 high powered cores which are clocked at 1.7GHz. it has Adreno 630 GPU which increases its work by 30% compared to SD 835 the last Flagship processor from Qualcomm. it has an X20 LTE Modem which has Download and Uploads speeds of 1200 & 150MBPS. Coming to the AI Department it does not have Ai Integration in the processor built in the processor which helps in AI Capabilities.
Asus Zenfone 5Z has a Dual Camera setup on the rear and single Camera on the front which comprises a 12MP F/1.8 OIS+ 8MP f/2.0 sensor and an 8MP F/2.0 Front camera user take normal, ultrawide angle and portrait images from front and back. This is a camera Best, Asus Included a Wide Range of modes that you can Play Around. the most noticeable feature is HDR+.
I will divide the review into pros & cons. let’s see quick specs of Zenfone 5Z and Jump into the review.
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Asus Zenfone 5Z Specs
- 6.2″ Full HD+ IPS LCD display with a notch protected
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa Core CPU
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6 / 8 GB RAM
- Nano Sim / Nano Hybrid
- 64 /128 / 256GB Internal Storage
- 12MP F/1.8 (primary) PDAF, OIS + 8MP F/2.0 ( telephoto)
- 8MP F/2.2 Selfie camera
- Android 9 Pie with Zen UI 5 on top
- Dual 4G Volte
- 3300 mAH battery with 18W fast charging support
- Wifi / Bluetooth 5.0 LE / Dual GPS
- 3.5mm Jack / USB Type-C / NFC
Price: USD 494 In US, GBP 400 In UK, EUR 449 In Europe
- Here in Display Department Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone, Features an Excellent FULL HD+ 19:9 IPS LCD panel screen with 402 pixels per inch, the colours are vibrant and excellent, viewing angles are perfect. There are No issues & problems with screen quality. It is very bright to see in direct sunlight. This Display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- In Zenfone 5Z, Asus Used their Stereo Speaker System which was are not loud When Compared to other 2018 Flagship Smartphone. these speakers are supported by Dolby Atmos Sound technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus) which help to get clear sound output from the mobile speaker. here earpiece which is included in bezel provides a louder sound.
- Coming to Headphone jack and earphones, the headphone jack provided with a 24 bit Dac which provides a punchy and clear sound with the support of Dolby DTS X Surround Sound System. the Asus Branded headphones are present in the Box which good for listening to music and for taking voice calls clearly.
- Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone is Build with a 6000 Aluminium frame on the side and Gorilla Glass on front and back of the device is protected with Corning Gorilla glass. it provides a good look and feels Because it is made with 6000 Series Aluminium and Glass. There are no issues of creakiness with the build quality.
- Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone Features a Rear fingerprint sensor. By looks, it is so Small to see but, very fast and very accurate to recognize the fingerprint of the user.
- Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone weighs 165 Grams, it feels Medium and a bit light with 6.2″ Screen and 3300 mAh battery equipped. This Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone can be used in one hand. The weight balance is done very well on the device.
- My Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone lasted a Full Working day with heavy usage and at the end of the day, I had 22% of charge left in the phone which is good for a 3300 mAH Battery. The ideal drain of Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone is very low as other Latest Flagships like S10 Plus and Apple Smartphones. Quick charge 3 makes a difference and charges the phone in 100 min which is good.
- Zen UI 10 based Android 9 Pie present on the Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone is very fast & so fluid, No lags were noticed. It has a ton of bloatware like honor and Huawei Devices. There are some extra features like Inbuilt, Direct video calling feature, Always on Display is Available On Zen UI.
- My Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone managed to do day to day tasks very well like the lastest Flagships. there are No issues and problems with the Operating system and there are no heating issues with Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone
- Ram Management is done very well on this Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone. It features 8GB LPDDR4X Ram and I did not notice any lags with the device and there are no reloading of apps on this Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone. Multitasking experience is nice
- Coming to Gaming, we played Asphalt 9 & PUBG at highest graphics setting without lags & frame drops in the game. Snapdragon 845 Processor is very suitable for heavy gaming.
- the Call quality on Asus Zenfone 5Z SmartPhone is very good and there are no issues with cellular call quality on Volte. we have taken long calls in a day and the other party doesn’t complain. the earpiece is included on the front side & its very loud. the Voice Calls From speaker is also Good and Clear.
- the 12MP main Camera is Awesome and features a Fixed Aperture of F/1.8. The daylight pictures are excellent and contain exquisite details like a natural photo. Exposure is in control with Dynamic decent range to take good pictures in good lighting Conditions. in low light Conditions, the images are clear and not Sharp without noise which is good to see. It Has 8MP ultra wide angle lens on Asus Zenfone 5Z does a good job in good lighting conditions. it captures a much wider picture in 108˚ field of view with good details. exposure is in control with a decent dynamic range. in low lighting conditions, the 8MP camera does not make a mark and Average photos with not sharpness and bright natural colours. Asus has Optimized the Camera algorithms to get clear photos without the help of OIS. The first feature is HDR+, it en enhances the photos and shows a clear difference from a normal photo and HDR+ Photo. The dynamic range, Exposure, sharpness and Details are very well in this image. The HDR+ Enhanced mode spoils the Image quality and is nearly done what better to the normal photo.
- Video recording can be done up to [email protected] .the video footage has excellent Colours with great sharpness and decent dynamic range. Stabilisation is not good in [email protected] And Good 1080p FHD recording. The video quality in the low night conditions is very good with good Sharpness and Decent Dynamic range.
- Zenfone 5Z features an 8MP selfie camera with large 1.22 μm pixel size and 80˚ field of view. it has a fixed aperture of F/2.0. Picture quality is good. Photos are well detailed and contain a decent dynamic range. This single camera can be used to take portraits images from the front with the Help of Artifical Intelligence.
- Front Selfie camera can record Video at 1080p @ 30fps which is good with EIS On which is good. the picture is not wide Because of EIS Cropping the Footage.
- It is All Sensors like accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass Which are useful.
- Stereo Speakers are not very loud
- No IP Rating
- Camera’s Are Not good in Normal Mode
- Heavy Bloatware is present
If you are using Asus Zenfone 5Z then Share your experiences with us in the comment section below and Stay tuned to MobiRadar for more Reviews like this.